Toyota Forklift. BEFORE BEGINNING TROUBLESHOOTING FOR THE 4Y-E ENGINE It is extremely risky to begin troubleshooting for the 4Y engine on the basis of results only. It can lead to mistaken corrective action, wasted time, and sometimes to an increase in abnormalities. Therefore, ask the customer about detailed information on conditions around the time a problem occurred, based on the following.
Toyota Forklift 8FG(D)U15-32, 8FGCU20-32. Diagnostic Procedure First, it is necessary to be informed of the "fault history and service history" for the vehicle, and then to gather definite information about the fault occurence such as "when", "at what times", "in what places", "during what operations or actions", "what happened afterwards", and "frequency of occurrence". Also, try to recreate the conditions for the fault occurence. (a. Recreation impossible b. Recreation possible: in what condition?)
When the computer detects a problem in the system, the fault is indicated by lighting a warning lamp on the combination meter and displaying an error code. And fail-safe functions are started automatically to stop the engine or control the engine to a low speed.
Toyota Forklift Electrical System Troubleshooting. Diagnosis display method The diagnosis is displayed by means of an error code as shown in the illustration to the left, and by the lights turning on. When the ignition key switch is turned ON, the lamp lights once to allow checking for the bulb, and then turns off again if the status is normal. With the ignition key switch ON, if an abnormality is detected when the vehicle is stopped, travelling or performing meterials handling operations, an error code is displayed and the lamps turn on as a warning. When this happens, stop the vehicle immediately and check the error code.
- Disconnect the battery plug before connecting or disconnecting each connector or terminal.
- When disconnecting a connector, do not pull the wire harness but hold the connector itself and pull it after unlocking it. To connect, push the connector fully until it is locked in position.
- Bring a tester probe into contact with a connector terminal from the rear side of the connector (harness side).
- If insertion from the rear side is impossible, as in the case of a waterproof connector, bring the tester probe carefully into contact with the terminal so as not to cause deformation of the connector terminal.
- Do not touch connector terminals directly with your hand.
- 6. When bringing tester probes into contact with terminals that voltage is applied to prevent two tester probes from coming into contact with each other.