We congratulate you on your purchase. By opting for the KUHN RIKON brand, you have chosen a Swiss product of high quality. You will certainly enjoy using your new pressure cooker for many years to come. These instructions only apply to KUHN RIKON pressure cookers marked (base marking) as DUROMATIC and DUROTHERM (all information is etched into the base, see also section 13)
Troubleshooting help for the DUROMATIC
The cover can only be closed with a lightly oiled rubber seal close or open with great effort (possible cause: deformation of the pot or lid), the pot must be placed in a KUHN RIKON service point can be checked. (See Chapter 13)
KUHN RIKON AG provides a 10-year warranty (receipt) on the material riau and the manufacture of its cookware (Titanium coating 3 years). In damages resulting from overheating, dirt, scratches, discoloration are excluded. The warranty does not apply for normal wear of handles, handles and seals.
KUHN RIKON DUROMATIC spare parts
Among many spare parts, we have chosen the most important for you. You can obtain other spare parts from specialist shops. To receive the correct part spare parts, indicate the article number and the date of manufacture of your pressure cooker (see chap. 13) or send the defective part to the KUHN RIKON after-sales service.
The advantages of your DUROMATIC pressure cooker at a glance
- Preserves vitamins (for your health)
- Saves energy and time (approx. one third of the usual cooking time)
- Stay cool plastic fittings (for safe handling)
- Capacity marks (on the inside: one-half and two-thirds fill levels)
- Fully-automatic lid locking system (prevents opening under pressure)
- Flavour valve (preserves natural flavours and food colours)
- Acoustic and visual pressure indicator (for easy control)
- Multiple over-pressure safety devices (for your safety)
- Superthermic-sandwichbase (for rapid and even heat absorption on all heat sources including halogen and induction)
- Rust-free stainless steel (guarantees durability and long life)
- Some models with automatic 2-stage pressure reduction function
- Products that are very easy to service and care for
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Always observe the following basic safety precautions when using your pressure cooker
- Read all the instructions.
- Never touch hot surfaces. Only hold the pressure cooker by the lid handle and/or side grips.
- Close supervision is necessary when the pressure cooker is used near children.
- Never place the pressure cooker in a heated oven.
- Read section 4 before using the pressure cooker on a gas hob.
- Always use extreme care when handling your pressure cooker, especially when it contains hot liquids.
- Never use the pressure cooker for anything other than its intended purpose. (See section 2)
- This appliance cooks under pressure. Improper use may result in scalding injury. Ensure the cooker is properly closed before using it. (See section 7)
- Do not fill the unit over two-thirds full. When cooking foods that expand during cooking, such as rice or dried vegetables, do not fill the unit over one-half full. (See section 5)
- This cooker is not suitable for the preparation of apple compote, cranberries, porridge (oat flakes), barley or other cereals (except those listed on page 73), peas, pasta, macaroni or rhubarb. These foods tend to foam and froth and could block the valve. These foods should not be cooked in a pressure cooker.
- Before each use, ensure that the movement of the pressure indicator in the valve is unobstructed. (See section 6)
- Do not open the pressure cooker until it has cooled and the internal pressure has reduced. If the handles cannot be pushed apart, or can only be pushed apart with difficulty, this indicates that the cooker is still pressurized. Do not force the cooker open. Any pressure in the cooker can be hazardous. (See section 9)
- This pressure cooker must not be used for frying in oil under pressure.
- Follow the instructions for cleaning and care after each use.
- After normal cooking pressure has been reached, reduce the heat so that all the liquid inside the cooker does not escape as steam