This manual contains the procedures for removal and installation of main components mounted on the frame of the B238 lift truck series. The manual includes air filter assembly, exhaust system, hood assembly, handrails and steps, hydraulic tank, fuel tank, engine, transmission, operator’s cab and counterweight, Hyster B238 Service Manual,Hyster B238,hyster forklift.
For information on the drive axle, steering axle and mast refer to:
- Kessler Drive Axle 1400SRM1667
- Steering System 1600SRM1932
- Mast 4000SRM1664
For information on torque values, see the section Metric & Inch Fasteners 8000SRM0231.
ENGINE AFTER TREATMENT (EAS) SYSTEM (TIER4F\STAGE IV)
NOTE: Due to difficult accessibility of wire and hose connections it is advised to first remove the entire EAS assembly, followed by the replacement of individual EAS components. When replacing components of the EAS make sure to replace the exhaust seals and obtain the correct and final assembly position, before tightening clamps.
- Place the truck on a solid, level surface.
- Lower the mast completely.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Switch the engine OFF.
- Put the lift truck on blocks. See Periodic Maintenance 8000SRM1983.
- Remove the V-band clamps from the flanges of the insulated exhaust pipe. See Figure 13, Item 8 and 9.
- Remove the insulation pipe from the engine and remove the flange seals.
- Remove the exhaust pipes. For High Mount System, see Exhaust Pipes High Mount. For Low Mount System, see Exhaust Pipes and Diffuser Low Mount.
Exhaust Seal Rings
In the high pressure part of the exhaust system, the tubes and pipes are sealed by means of metal seal rings. These seal rings deform when V-band clamps are tightened and will stick to one of the exhaust components at disassembly. Remove the used seal and replace by a new one at re-assembly. Pay attention to the different sizes and shapes of seals at the different locations. Pay attention to the different torque value of the V-band clamp at the connection with the turbo. See Figure 13.