Volvo's leather upholstery is manufactured with a protectant to repel soiling. Over time, sunlight, grease and dirt can break down the protection. Staining, cracking, scuffing, and fading can result. Volvo offers an easy-to-use, non-greasy leather care kit formulated to clean and beautify your vehicle's leather, and to renew the protective qualities of its finish. The cleaner removes dirt and oil buildup. The light cream protectant restores a barrier against soil and sunlight. Volvo also offers a special leather softener that should be applied after the cleaner and protectant. It leaves leather soft and smooth, and reduces friction between leather and other finishes in the vehicle. Volvo recommends cleaning, protecting and conditioning your vehicle's leather two to four times a year.
Cleaning floor mats
Volvo XC90 T8 The floor mats should be vacuumed or brushed clean regularly, especially during winter when they should be taken out for drying. Spots on textile mats can be removed with a mild detergent. For best protection in winter, Volvo recommends the use of Volvo rubber floor mats. Consult your Volvo retailer.
Polishing and waxing
Normally, polishing is not required during the first year after delivery, however, waxing may be beneficial.
- Before applying polish or wax the vehicle must be washed and dried. Tar spots can beremoved with kerosene or tar remover. Difficult spots may require a fine rubbing compound.
- After polishing use liquid or paste wax.
- Several commercially available products contain both polish and wax.
- Waxing alone does not substitute for polishing a dull surface.
- A wide range of polymer-based waxes can be purchased today. These waxes are easy to use and produce a long-lasting, high-gloss finish that protects the bodywork against oxidation, road dirt and fading.
- Do not polish or wax your vehicle in direct sunlight (the surface of the vehicle should not be warmer than 113 °F (45 °C).
Brake fluid specification and volume
Brake fluid transfers braking force when the brake pedal is depressed to the master cylinder and to the slave cylinders on each wheel. Topping up or replacing brake fluid should only be done by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician.
Manuals For Volvo XC90 T8 For Free