Ford Taurus Owner's Manual With the control in the middle position, the dome lamp will illuminate whenever a front door is opened. If either front door has been opened from the outside, the lamp will remain on for 25 seconds after the door is shut. If any other door has been opened from the inside, the lamp will shut off immediately after the door is closed. The map lamp controls (if equipped) are located on the dome lamp. Press the controls on either side of each lens on each map lamp to activate the lamps. If equipped with a moon roof, the map lamps are located on the moon roof control panel. Press the controls on either side of each map lamp to activate the lamps.
Replacing tail/brake/turn signal/backup lamp bulbs
The tail lamp, brake lamp, turn signal lamp and backup lamp bulbs are located in the same portion of the tail lamp assembly. Follow the same steps to replace either bulb.
- Make sure headlamp switch is in OFF position and open trunk and remove two plastic mushroom nuts, five push pins and the plastic cover from inside the trunk to access the lamp assembly.
- Carefully pull the carpet away to expose the lamp assembly hardware.
- Remove three nut and washer assemblies and the lamp assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the bulb socket by rotating it counterclockwise, then pulling it out of the lamp assembly.
- Pull the bulb from the socket and push in the new bulb.
- Install the bulb socket into the lamp assembly by rotating it clockwise.
- Install the lamp assembly on the vehicle with three nut and washer assemblies ensuring the washers on the nuts are flush with the body to prevent water from entering the trunk.
- Carefully push the carpet back in to place and install the plastic cover inside the trunk with five push pins and two plastic mushroom nuts.
The tail lamp/turn lamp bulbs/brake/backup are located in the same portion of the tail lamp assembly, one just below the other. Follow the same steps to replace either bulb:
- Make sure headlamp switch is in OFF position and open the liftgate to expose the lamp assemblies.
- Remove the two bolts from the tail lamp assembly.
- Carefully pull the lamp assembly from the tailgate.
- Twist the bulb socket counterclockwise and remove from lamp assembly.
- Pull the bulb straight out of the socket and push in the new bulb.
- Install bulb socket in lamp assembly by turning clockwise.
- Carefully install the tail lamp assembly on tailgate and secure with two bolts.
Changing the wiper blades
- Pull the wiper arm away from the vehicle. Turn the blade at an angle from the wiper arm. Push the lock pin manually to release the blade and pull the wiper blade down toward the windshield to remove it from the arm.
- Attach the new wiper to the wiper arm and press it into place until a click is heard.
- Replace wiper blades every 6 months for optimum performance.
Ford Taurus 2004 Owner's Manual For Free