Scania DI14 This instruction manual describes the operation and maintenance of Scania marine engine DI14 69 (750 hp) and DI14 82 (800 hp). The instructions apply to this engine type in program 96 with effect from engine number 5 564 900.
Scania DI14 82 The engines are direct-injection, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, V8 diesel engines with 2 turbochargers. This engine has 2 charge air coolers connected to the internal cooling system and a charge air cooler cooled by seawater, see also page 10.
Scania DI14 PDF Manual The engines feature an internal cooling system with a heat exchanger cooled by seawater.
The engine type has electronic control of the injection system’s governor to optimize engine performance and such important operating factors as fuel
consumption and exhaust emissions. Called DEC2 (Digital Electronic Control), the electronic control system is described in greater detail on page 12.
A common application is as the propulsion unit in larger leisure boats. The normal output setting of the engine (performance code) is indicated on the type plate, see page 10.
In order to obtain the best value and service life from your engine, there are several points to bear in mind:
- Read through the Instruction Manual before starting to use your engine. Even those experienced with Scania engines may find new information in this manual.
- Follow the maintenance instructions. Maintenance carried out according to these instructions forms the basis of reliable operation and a long service life.
- Pay special attention to the safety information beginning on page 6.
- Get to know your engine so that you know what it can do and how it works.
- When necessary, always turn to an authorised Scania workshop. These have special tools, genuine parts and staff with training and practical experience of Scania engines.
Scania dc14 workshop manual The particulars in this manual were applicable at the time it was printed. We reserve the right to introduce changes without prior notice.
Scania has always been at the forefront in the development and production of environmentally safe engines.
Scania dsc14 engine specs We have made great progress in reducing harmful exhaust emissions to be able to meet the stringent emission standards that are mandatory for almost all markets.
We have done this without compromising the high quality of Scania industrial and marine engines in terms of performance and cost effective operation.
Scania engine To maintain these superior properties throughout the life of the engine it is important that the operator/owner follows the instructions of this manual as regards operation, maintenance and choice of fuel and lubricants.
Scania injector settings To further contribute to protecting the environment in service, maintenance and repair, ensure that harmful waste (oil, fuel, coolant, filters, batteries etc.) is disposed of and destroyed according to applicable local regulations.
This operator’s manual contains highlighted text urging you to protect the environment in different service and maintenance operations.
Scania DI14 82 Operator's Manual Books For Free