This Parts Catalog has been compiled for the purpose of locating, identifying, and ordering replacement parts. All data and specifications contained in this publication are based on the latest product information available at the time of printing. General Motors Parts Division reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice in data, price, specifications, material, and model. The "List Prices" shown are suggested prices only for sales to consumers.
Rep’acement parts are listed in this catalog under 16 major groups, as shown on the content page. Individual parts are assigned a Prime Group number, the first numeral of the group identifies the main unit it is affiliated with, and following the decimal is the Sub-Group number under which all parts of the same name and function are listed. For example, Group 0.519 Camshaft. The "0" denotes that it is an Engine Part, "519" the sub-group where all Engine Camshafts are listed. Related parts may also be found in the same group. Within each group, parts are listed by model year, vehide series, part number, number used per vehicle or R.H.-L.H. designation, sug gested list price, part name and description.
Parts may be used in different locations on the car requiring the hsting of the part number in more than one group. When this "Cross Referencing" occurs, the prime group is shown in brackets i.e. 1.850 in the description column.
To locate a listing for a part, determine the model vehicle and refer to the group number identifying it, which may be determined by using any of the following methods.
- When the name of the part is known, consult the ALPHABETICAL INDEX, which lists parts by noun name and Group Number where part is listed.
- Reference may be made to the ILLUSTRATION CATALOG, where Group Num bers, noun names or part numbers are shown.
- When a part number is known and model application or a similar part is required, consult the DEALER PRICE SCHEDULE for the Group Number to locate the part in the Parts Catalog.
OLDSMOBILE PARTS PUBLICATIONS
The OdsmobiIe Parts Catalog System is divided into the following publications:
- 30 Oldsmobile Parts Cata’og - Models through 1975
- 30A Oldsmobile Parts Illustration Catalog - Models through 1975
- 31 Oldsmobile Parts Catalog - 1976-1980 Models
- 31A Oldsmobile Parts Illustration Catalog - 1976-1980 Models
- 36 Oldsmobi’e Dealer Parts and Accessories Price Schedule
- 87 GM Parts Division History Catalog
- 89 GM Standard Parts and Maintenance Products Catalog
Parts having application or used with optional equipment are identified by Option Number or abbreviation of option. Familiarity with Option Numbers wifl assist in determining correct part required. Complete identification for models and options listed in this catalog will be found preceding the alphabetical index.
Service part numbers are assigned to individual parts that make up an assembly used in the production of models, Certain items may not be listed, such as short tubing parts or fuel lines that can be made up by dealers from bulk material or attaching parts may be included in packages with the major assembly and not listed separately. Right Hand and Left Hand parts are so designated from the driver’s position when seated in the car.
Model information has been condensed for quick reference whenever possible by showing the years the part is used, i.e. 1966-68 ALL indicates the part is used on all 1966 through 1968 models inclusive. Parts used only on certain models are identified by the exception of models éxc. or vehicle series, model name or descriptive application for models. When series is shown such as 5400, this includes all 5400 series, or when shown as 5437-39-67, includes series 5437, 5439 and 5467. Com mencing with the 1973 models the series designation is shown using the series letters or combination of letters and numerical code, i.e., 1973 - A, B, C, E, X or 1973 AG, BN, etc. The comma , used in the vehicle series column should be considered as the word and.