Thank you for your purchase. Now that you have additional room sensors you’ll get even more comfort and savings from your ecobee3 wi-fi thermostat.
Room sensors enable three features:
- Smart Home/Away: If your ecobee3 senses that you are home during your scheduled Away period, or away during your scheduled Home period, it will automatically override your schedule to maximize comfort and savings.
- Follow Me: Control your comfort by averaging the temperature of the selected sensors that detect motion (Enabled) or all of the selected sensors in your home, regardless of motion (Disabled).
Now let’s get your room sensors set up in 3 simple steps.
Step 1. Pair the room sensor while standing near your thermostat
- To activate your room sensor, ensure your ecobee3 is awake by standing in front of it or touching the screen.
- Pull the plastic tab on your room sensor and it will power on and connect to your ecobee3 automatically.
- Your ecobee3 will detect your room sensor and ask you to name it. You can verify a successful connection on your thermostat. If your sensor does not connect with the ecobee3, simply remove the battery, wait 2 minutes, and re-insert the battery to restart the detection process.
Step 2. Find a location
Place your room sensor at a height of approx. 5ft / 1.5m on an interior wall, away from direct heat/cool sources (eg. fireplace, air vents, etc.) If the sensor is out of range of your ecobee3 (approx. 45 ft / 13.7 m) the thermostat will show N/A, meaning it cannot connect to the room sensor. When in range, they will automatically reconnect.
Warning! Do not place the room sensor in direct sunlight, near vents or window openings or in enclosed areas such as drawers, closed cabinets or closets as this will distort the temperature readings.
Step 3. Install the room sensor
Using the materials provided, install the room sensor in one of three ways:
Tip: For accurate occupancy and temperature sensing, make sure your room sensor has an unobstructed view of the room, and can sense the ambient room temperature (it cannot do so from an enclosed space).
Room sensor tips
Can I turn off the occupancy sensor?
You may want to sense temperature without tripping the motion sensor. Select a location for your room sensor where it can sense the ambient room temperature, without having a clear view of the room (turned away from the room, or tucked behind your family portrait).
Storing your room sensor
If you do not wish to use the room sensor, delete it from the ecobee3 sensors menu and disconnect the battery before storing it. This will prevent the sensor from trying to heat the inside of your storage closet!
Have pets or curious children? To prevent your room sensor from being jostled or bumped off its stand, affix your sensor to the wall using the adhesive or screw provided, or simply place it out of reach.
Ecobee3 Room Sensor Specifications
- Model No: EBRSE4-01
- FCC ID: WR9EBRSE4
- IC: 7981A-EBRSE4
- Dimensions: 44x44x20 mm without the stand. 53 mm tall when mounted on the stand
- Wireless band: 915 MHz
- Power source: CR2032 watch battery
- Operating conditions: Operating Temperature: 0˚C to 40˚C
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% RH